Michael,

At low power settings, does the actual power output go up to over 12 watts?
If so, the diodes in the KPA100 wattmeter have been damaged (likely by a lightning induced static). Replace D16 and D17 in the KPA100 and you should regain power control for both high and lo ranges. To prevent that damage in the future, remove or ground your antennas when not in use.

If you do have good power control for the .5 to 10 watt range when the KPA100 is also in-line, then you may have a different problem, please restate the situation.

73,
Don W3FPR

Michael van Hauten wrote:
Hi elecrafters,
since this morning i have a problem with my KPA100. I cannot adjust t rf output. In the high mode, i always have more than 100W with a dummy load. In QRP mode, i can adjust .5 to 10w. When i reach the 10w, the power goes directly (jumps) to the maximum power of about 100w. Any ideas?

Thank you
Michael, DC0ZO