Darwin, Keith wrote:

> By "excessive", I mean having the DSP bandwidth wider than the roofing
> filter.
>
> What benefit is there?  Do you really get that much more wide band data
> downstream from the roofing filter?  So far I've pretty much just forced
> myself to stay at or below the bandwidth of the roofing filter.

Practically speaking you're correct.  However, I set DSP WIDTH much wider
than the roofing filters when I measure their bandwidth so the DSP bandwidth
doesn't interfere.  Similarly you need to always select a much wider roofing
filter than the DSP filter when you measure the latter.  You have to
override the automatic roofing filter option when making measurements like
this.  This can be done by enabling ONLY the roofing filter you want in the
filter configuration menu.

73,  Bill