The frequency selected in VFO B is stored in memory and can be changed to
whatever you want, and thus can be recalled again.

BUT - and this must be a bug - on my rig as soon as I get to far out of the
VFO A band range (for example if on the 20 meter band when I tune below
13000) with the B VFO there is a click then a 3 to 5 S unit drop in signal
strength.  Similar things happen on the other bands. This can't be right.
It appears that the B VFO is changing band pass filters even though I have
no second receiver and am listening to the A VFO.

Definitely should not do this.

ALSO, strange things happen to the 30 meter band stored frequency when I try
this. That is after observing that the signal drops as above, I noticed that
the 30 meter band changed so that both VFO A changes to the frequency I had
selected on the 20 meter band and the B VFO changes to the where I left the
B VFO while on the 20 meter band before changing down to 30 meters.

It appears that if you tune the B VFO out of range then not only is the
present band messed up but also at least the next lower band.

Even worse than above.

Rich