I wasn't complaining about getting 110 watts output, I was happy and thought
the radio was working fine.  This is 110 watts peak rf on the wattmeter not
PEP.
The radio works fine.  There is nothing wrong with using the Kenwood mic.  I
get
3 to 5 bars on the ALC with only 15 on Mic and 18 on Compression.
I hooked up my PR-40 microphone through an amplified 8 band EQ and equalized
audio
through the W2IHY Iplus fed into the rear connector on the K3 and get the same
output readings as with the hand mic.
When I was running digital and putting out double the output that the
K3 was dialed up and getting high rf spikes I contacted the Elecraft
tech's and was instructed that my soundcard was overdriving the radio.  I
corrected my
settings and with the last few upgrades this problem is no more and was only
in the Data mode.
                         Mike WA8EBM