That's a good suggestion Chuck. I'm going to look and see if I have one of those. I was wondering what I was going to use for a shim.

Stan
W5EWA
Houston, TX

From: "AE4CW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 9:33 AM
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 Headphone jack/front panel gap

Windy Dankoff KM5Q wrote:

Ron,

If I can find some fix for the loose PHONES jack, I'll be happy to
leave the encoder shaft as it is, unless you suggest I tighten it a
bit more (trusting my good judgement) but now that I recall from the
photo how slim the lock washers are, I'm more inclined to leave well
enough alone.

Thanks!

Windy, as I recall, the gap between the headphone jack washer and front
panel was about 0.017".  If you just want to close the gap and get rid of
the rattle, you might try what I did: a trim washer from a spare 1/4" jack
was 0.018" and added just the right amount of spacer to eliminate the rattle
and fit the front panel w/o any discernible flex +/-.

-----
Chuck, AE4CW