After reading several posts expressing concern about low K3 RF power output,
I decided to run some  tests on my own K3.

Equipment used: K3/100 #0224 (2.7khz stock filter) with current MCU and DSP
firmware (1.78 / 1.58); Telepost LP-100 digital vector wattmeter; Telepost
LP-200 dummy load wattmeter; MFJ-872 peak/average wattmeter; Daiwa CN620B
wattmeter (average reading); Elecraft 2T-gen; high quality non-reactive RF
dummy load. No antennas. K3 ATU bypassed.

The K3 was set to request 100 watts output on 14.250 Mhz USB. The 2T-gen was
connected to the front mic input and mic gain adjusted to a value of 20.
This resulted in 5 bars of ALC. Compression was set to an arbitrary (and
low) value of 10.

Results, LP-100 wattmeter: peak power measured 97.6 watts (averaged over 5
measurements).  Set to measure average power, the LP-100 repeatedly measured
about 60 watts output.

Results, LP-200 dummy load wattmeter: 99-100 peak watts reported over 5
measurments.

Results, MFJ-872 Peak/Average wattmeter: 'Peak' reading on analog scale - 85
watts.  'Average' reading on analog scale - 55 watts.

Results, Daiwa CN620B average-reading wattmeter:  40 watts per analog scale.

While the LP-100 and 200 were in close agreement, keep in mind that I
calibrated them myself against a nominal 25 RF peak watts as determined by
an accurate oscilloscope. The other two instruments reported somewhat
disparate power values compared to the LP-100/200 and one another.  I'm not
drawing any definite conclusions from these results; I'm simply reporting
them out in the event some readers might find them helpful or interesting.

73,
Bill, WA4KBD