> Thanks, that's good info. It is certainly easier to select the
> radio type to "None" than mess around changing serial cables.

The alternative to "none" is to check the "Disable Router Queries"
box.  With that checked, Router will not do any polling while
The K3 Utility has the port open.

That said, I've updated my K3 several times through microKEYER II.
On a couple of occasions I have forgotten to disable Router's polls
and locked up the K3.  Disconnecting power and restarting the upload
was all that was required to recover.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America