After downloading 1.88/1.70 firmware, I have had problems.

     First, I noticed that the receiver came and went on 40M. Then, I switched
to 20M and noticed a"ERR PL1" message and found that 20M receive was also
acting strange in the same way.

     I looked up the "ERR PL1" code in troubleshooting and found that the VCO
voltage was out of range. So I went into CONFIG: VCO MD and turned to CAL.  K3
went through a CAL sequence.  Now I have a

                   E 00005
                   ERR VCO

message.  Where do I go from here to bring my K3 back to life?

             Roger K8RS