I'm a retired career two-way radio tech and I'll
add a "me too" to Joe's FM-mode observations below. He's correct.

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP

I no longer work in the 2-way field...  so I don't
have easy access to a Communications service monitor, but I can say that on-air tests on a 6-meter repeater bear out the lack of audio... When I worked in a Motorola shop (half-a-lifetime ago)we used to shoot for a CTCSS deviation of between 450 and 600Hz... and Josh is right on with his comment regarding a target voice deviation of 5.5KHz. I also agree that the squelch needs some work... As the operator at the far end during my on air testing commented... "You'll need a lot more audio if you expect to work
anyone in a mobile who may be riding with the windows
open!" I am certain that these problems will be addressed in a subsequent firmware update... and hope it will be soon.

73,

Joe - W1AIU