Hi Toby -

Yes, I did turn the KPA3 "on", but thanks for the hint. I should also add that all my filters have the correct offsets set (with "-" signs...), and I have the 2.7 KHz filter set as the transmit filter for all modes.

I should probable reiterate that the radio calibrates fine on all bands with the power level set at 5 Watts.

73 - John, W4AU

At 02:00 AM 5/6/2008, Toby Deinhardt wrote:
Hi John,

did you turn it "on" in the firmware? Easy to enough overlook...

Page 42 - OWNER’S MANUAL
Revision C1, November 18, 2007
Option Module Enables

K3 options can be installed at any time. Once an
option has been installed, use the associated
CONFIG menu entry to enable it (see list below).
Then turn the K3 off and turn it back on. This
allows the K3 to find and test the module.

• KAT3 ATU module: set KAT3 to BYP.

• KBPF3 general-coverage band-pass filter
module: set KBPF3 to NOR (if you’re
installing a KBPF3 on the sub receiver, tap
SUB while in the menu entry).

• KXV3 RF I/O module: set KXV3 to NOR.

• KRX3 sub receiver: set KRX3 to NOR-ANTx
where x is your selected wiring for the sub
receiver’s auxiliary antenna (1 = unused KAT3
ATU antenna, 2 = AUX RF jack, 3 = AUX RF
in parallel with the RX ANT IN jack on the
KXV3). For details on sub receiver antenna
sources, see pg. 22. You may also need to set
up crystal filters for the sub receiver.

• KDVR3 voice recorder: set KDVR3 to NOR.

• KPA3 amplifier module: set the PA MODE
menu entry to PA NOR. See menu entry
listings for information on other settings.

vy 73 de toby

John Unger wrote:
Thanks for the reminder to put K3 in the Subject: line....
I just installed the KPA module and attempted to do the High Power Gain Calibration procedure at 50 Watts. But all that happens is that I get 0 Watts indicated and a "ERR TXG" message. Any idea what is going on? Manual says to refer to a mysterious "Service Manual".
Everything works FB up to 10 Watts.

tnx es 73 - John, W4AU