73, doug

   Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 15:56:47 +0100
   From: Dave G4AON <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Surely a 21st century top of the range transceiver like the K3 shouldn't
   be expected to cater for old slow amplifiers. In the case of new
   amplifiers the buyers need to specify they want QSK capability. The
   message will eventually be circulated that slow switching linears aren't
   wanted!

   I've not measured the switching time of my Acom 1000, but understand
   from one of the dealers it's around 4 mS. If Acom can achieve those
   speeds others can.

   73 Dave, G4AON
   K3/100 #80