There are quite a few low-price sub notebooks announced in the last few months, one which has caught my attention is the MSI Wind PC running Windows XP (for I am a Windows programmer by choice). The CPU chip is very low power, performance more than adequate for any current digital mode program.

These sub notebooks are not big, not heavy and there's the extra bonus of using a PC - larger fonts, logging and archiving of received audio for later playback.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV

From: "G4ILO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If you would like to use data modes without a full sized computer then a
basic Asus Eee PC, Fldigi and a pair of sound card audio cables will do the
job, plus it will support more modes than just PSK31 and RTTY, and display
more than a few characters of text. It would be not much bigger and probably
not cost much more than a custom keyboard which would be required to
interface with the K3's proprietary connector.