To: "n4lq" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] RTTY filter for K3

As far as I know, the reason for having the capability of changing the
Mark freq is for personal preference in what you like to listen to. The
Dual PB filter works at whatever frequency you select. I can think of no
reason why AFSK A and DATA A modes would necessarily have to be the same.

I'm not sure why you want to change the center frequency to specifically
1500 HZ in AFSK A mode. I sure wouldn't... that's too high for my ears.
I prefer the lower mark frequency of 915 Hz. The software that is
decoding the signal sure doesn't care and it doesn't make any difference
to what you are sending.

But as they say here ofter.... YMMV.

73,
Ken K3IU
n4lq wrote:
Yes but it won't change the center fq. to 1500Hz so it will be like
DATA A. I'm not sure what the purpose of changing the pitch is.

Steve Ellington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken K3IU" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>