Just for grins I bought a cheap Cyber Acoustics computer headset to use with
my K3 when it arrives.  Others have said they got good reports with their K3
and this headset which uses an electret mic and a 3.5MM stereo mini plug.
Not wanting to cut off the plug which fits into the back of the K3 I made up
an adapter for my K2 using an inline stereo jack, an 8 pin mike plug and a 9
volt battery through a 5K resistor to power the mic.  My K2 is wired for the
Kenwood mics and I don't want to power the mic from the rig.  I wired the
grounds to the base of the plug, 9V DC through the 5K resistor to the middle
and the mic positive to the tip.  It works but my reports with the K2 have
not been very good.  I also made up an adapter for my Drake TR7 and reports
on that rig are fine.
Am I doing something wrong with the K2?  I know little about electret mics
and maybe I am using too much voltage or the wrong resistor.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.
If I can't get it to work the headset was only about $15 shipped so no big
deal.

73 Bill NZ0T