On Sun, 01 Jun 2008 21:24:33 +0100, Stephen Prior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I've been on 80m ssb tonight running 100W both with vox and without.
>
>On two occasions I have gone to receive and been totally deafened in the
>headphones, requiring me to turn the af gain down quickly.  The volume level
>was as if it were set to maximum.  Restoring the af gain control to the
>usual setting restores the correct volume.
>
>I've looked through my archives but recognised any mention of the problem.
>
>The K3 is serial number 980 and has the latest firmware.
>
>Any ideas please?  I have AGC SLP at 12, but I would not have thought that
>to be the problem.
>
>Thanks
>
>Stephen G4SJP
[snip]

It's in the manual.

Look at page 50 in the manual (Config Menu) and in the ENTRY column find AGC SLP
(AGC Slope) and adjust it to a higher value than 10.  This setting adjusts how
much louder you want strong signals to be over weak signals.

In my experience a setting of around 12 is what I prefer.  I like for signal to
sound loader if they are stronger, but as you say, the default can make your
hair stand up on a 30 over 9 signal ;O)

Tom, N5GE - SWOT 3537 - Grid EM12jq

"Those who would give up
Essential Liberty to