Back in April there was a discussion about how to adjust the Line In control
for correct
ALC indication when using Data A mode for psk (or in my case K1JT's WSPR),  and
the
recommendation was set it so you get 4 bars of ALC, with possibly the 5th bar
occasionally flickering.

Having just received my Nifty manual I see that the recommendation is now to
set the
Line In so that there is no ALC indication and having just looked at the
Elecraft site I see
its also mentioned in the K3 operating tips section. When did this change take
place - I
obviously missed it amongst all the beta/production releases - or am I
confusing this with
something completely different.

73 to all
Trevor  G0KTN