> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Rock
>
>    Here in Western Oregon we had a Field Day event with two
> K3s.  Luckily it was only a few miles away and not too
> difficult to beg my way in.

Kevin is being modest. He didn't have to beg. We would have begged HIM to
come if we had had to!

> The other K3 was used for
> digital operations about 700 feet away.  There was no
> interference between the voice, data, and CW stations but
> they did attach bandpass filters to all of the rigs except
> the K3 at the CW station.

The third station, running SSB, was a Pro III. We did hear a little of the
"CQ Field Day" voice rhythym in our noise floor at one point, but it was
far, far better than previous years when we totally obliterated each other
if we tried to run on the same band with our low-end ICOMs and Yaesus. We
didn't hear the digital station at all. Everyone who knew enough to be
impressed was _very_ impressed. We may have sold a few K3's this weekend.

> One problem we did have was at a shift
> change when the rig was inadvertently left in TEST mode.

Ahem. That was me who did that. I put it in TEST so as not to accidentally
key it up while we were moving the keys around. I should have just turned it
off!

>   Until next week, stay as cool as you can.
>       73,
>          Kevin.  KD5ONS

I'm trying. Just be thankful that it was 5 deg F cooler up on the hill than
it was down here in the valleys (101 F at my place).

73, Carl WS7L
K3 #486