classic analog radios, and on transmit has a nice
fully modulated AM signal plus click free CW.

[Elecraft] Weight of equipment
Bob Waddell n4bgr at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:05:58 EDT 2008

Remember the 20's & 30's when equipment took up an
entire wall of a shack?  Remember rigs like the
Johnson transmitter line?...Hallicrafters rx's, etc?
How about transceivers of the 60's, 70's & 80's?  As
years went by the weight of equipment began to
drop...(no heavy transformers, thinner metals for
chassis, plastic cases, etc, etc)  Thank God for
lighter equipment...I can't lift the heavy stuff any
more!  Bring on light, small and high tech!

73,
Bob