Construction of #1122 was going fine.  The front panel went on easily after
removing that obstructive screw in the 2D block.  It was time to fit the left
side panel when a problem was encountered.

The DSP printed circuit board had not been trimmed correctly during
manufacture, leaving a 1/4" strip down the PCB's left hand side, effectively
preventing the left side panel from fitting.

It's clearly surplus PCB material and I'm awaiting a reply from Elecraft
support, to whom I've sent a photograph.  There are several possible solutions,
but I don't want to be held responsible for damaging what must be an expensive
component.

New kit constructors might well check their DSP boards, just in case.  The
strip of PCB is plain, unetched and has a groove cut on both sides to mark the
edge of the finished PCB.  Better to spot problems before getting as far as I
have.  I noticed (and trimmed off)  fibreglass whiskers on several PCBs and
wonder if, once etched, boards are scored and snapped apart?

Ho hum.  I suppose there's always the jungle (aka garden) to cut back pending
action in accordance with Elecraft's advice.  Malédiction!

73 DaveL  G3TJP