To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Questions and K3 options? Please!

David Yarnes wrote:

but I don't--at least not routinely.  I really only get
about 2:1 there, and that tells me "watch out!"  If you
can't get something close to 1:1 using the ATU, you probably
need to be cut the power back a little or a lot...

I would think the SWR protection circuitry in the K3 would do this for you automatically. I guess I always assumed that, like virtually every other rig out there, the K3 has automatic SWR foldback to protect the finals... Am I
wrong about that?

Bill W5VWO