Jim,

The short RF Input coax on the KPA100 is still needed, it plugs into the KAT100 board to receive the input RF that is attached to the KAT100 Aux RF input. The BNC to BNC cable is entirely on the outside and connects to the KAT100, not the KPA100. The KAT100 Aux RF input is only used for this purpose.

The speaker cable is not needed because there is no place to plug it.

73,
Don W3FPR

Jim Wiley wrote:

Chris -

I built up the KPA-100 / KAT-100 combo earlier this year. I second Don's comments, and have a few more:

Build and test the KAT-100 first. Get the KAT-100-2 version which has the larger enclosure. If you are installing the KAT-100 and the KPA-100 in a separate enclosure, and will always have them assembled this way, then there are a few things that can be omitted when building the KPA-100. Specifically, the internal RF cable that goes from the KPA-100 board to the K2 main board. This function will be provided by the BNC-BNC cable mentioned below.