Mike Miller wrote on 07/ 9/08 02:44 PM:
If I have the 2.1 filter selected....for receive...on main receiver and I
transmit...am I transmitting thru the stock 2.7 kc filter or thru the 2.1
filter?  Does the radio transmit thru the widest filter?

I see two different answer for this on the website. The order page says:

"On SSB the K3 should transmit through the widest SSB filter available, typically 2.7 or 2.8 kHz. (You can receive on any filter.)"

but the FAQ says:

http://www.elecraft.com/K3/K3FAQ.htm#KFL3A Filters

"What if I want to transmit SSB via the 2.8 kHz filter but receive via the 1.8 kHz filter? Answer for main RX only and for both RXs.

You specify which filter to use for TX (one of the filters on the main RX/TX board) independently of which filters to use in RX mode. This applies whether you have a sub installed or not, and whether you're doing split or not. When you hit PTT, the TX path (on the main RX/TX board) takes over. When you release it, whatever RX-mode filters you had selected for each receiver is then in effect."

I'm guessing the option to select filters for TX was added in a firmware
update somewhere along the way...

    ~Iain