To: "'n4lq'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:28 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 BCB reception weak

Steve: The K3's PIN diode T/R switch displays quite a bit of attenuation in
the broadcast band, especially below about 1 MHz (I've measured 18 dB
attenuation at 500 kHz).

The only solution I'm aware of is to install the KXV3. With the external
antenna input provided on this interface (which bypasses the PIN diode T/R
switch) the K3 is an excellent performer on the BCB.

Scott
N7NB