I have tested this interface to add a Keyboard for IC-756 pro line and is working well. I think that can be used for K3 too. This interface can be used to generate CW or RTTY, on K3 can traslate CW to PSK31 too. Schematic is minimal, also LCD can be removed, so only a programmed PIC ( .hex free available)+ some resitors are necessary. So total components are: a standard PC Keyboard, a programmed PIC and some resitors. If anyone is able to program a PIC18F2620 a can send the .hex code, if not I can ship the programmed PIC at empty PIC cost
Anyone can build easily this interface yourself.
See more at http://www.i0cg.com/rtty.htm
73
Giuliano I0CG
My personal K3 arrives around September/October