I think the modes are arranged in order of popularity with SSB being at the top and FM at the bottom.

Steve Ellington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- From: "alsopb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:50 PM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Mode Disable????

Dave,

Tell me with a straight face that you never overshoot a mode and end up at
something other then CW/SSB.

Also throw in AM or FM into the mix and now you have 3 modes which are not
sequential.

Besides, your algorithm actually requires one to remember something. Since
you can't see the modes you're not in, is the direction up or down?   Mind
clutter is something you learn to avoid as you age.

Up down buttons to me have always been a game of roulette anyhow. Sometimes
you stop where you want, sometimes not.

73 de Brian/K3KO

Dave Agsten wrote:

Brian, K3KO wrote:

It's a pain to cycle through
FM/AM just to get from CW/SSB -- since the proper one press direction to
go
isn't something that one should clutter their minds with<

My K3 doesn't have to go through AM and FM to get from to get from CW to
SSB. I just press the ^ to go from CW to SSB and the opposite direction to go from SSB back to CW. There are no modes inbetween that you have to pass
through. I'm not sure where this "problem" coming from......

73,
Dave N8AG