In CW mode I see 8db of audio gain with NR engaged. In SSB, a reduction (not measured). It depends on what is being processed.
Steve Ellington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brett Howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Stan Rife" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Elecraft" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K#: 2.20 / 1.88

Hate to ask the stupid question but do you have a signal in the passband
when you activate it?  If so are you using it on a CW or SSB signal when
you notice this level reduction?

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 21:38 -0500, Stan Rife wrote:
Is there an audio gain function for the NR? My audio is
substantially reduced when the NR is engaged. More so if I have an
aggressive setting for the NR?

Stan
W5EWA
Houston, TX