Hello

I noticed CW output power on 40M was off by a small amount, 7-10%.  (Was set to
100W.)

Meters are Bird 43 and LP-100.  2 kW dummy load has mondo return loss (26 dB).

So, I went to see what the 40 meter HP TX gain setting was, and it seems like
it was topped out.

K3 didn't quite make the same power it did before, maybe 8% low.  Odd, so, I
cranked the TXG setting to 60, which is max.

Still didn't quite make 50W.  Then I noticed that the gain setting reverted
back to 58 without my input.  Huh?

Turned the TX ALC back on, then checked TX out on 40M at 50W ... and got 50
watts.  Cool.  But ~7 watts low at 100W setting.

HP TX gain setting, for comparison, on 20M is 24.  It's like it has no headroom
on 40M.  My K2 was hottest on 40, IIRC.

Checked power on 20M at 50W, right on the money.  At 100W, 7-10% low, and much
the same on other bands.

Internal voltmeter shows 13.6V on RX and 12.9V on TX @ 100W setting, drawing
17.7A for 94W out on 7050.

50W out setting yields 50.4W RF at 13.15A @ 13.1V.

Power source is an Astron RS-35M across three 105A-h AGM batteries, and nothing
smaller than 10AWG in between.

West Mountain Radio crimper tool assembled PowerPoles, the shack standard here
for years.

Probably have 100s of them.  I don't think this is an I^2R problem.

All 3 RF wattmeters agree at 50W.

FWIW I just upgraded to the new firmware this evening.

Since 92 watts equals 100 in my book and because at 50W the set makes 50W, this
isn't too much of a concern.  However, I thought I'd bring it up in case the
observation is indicative of something else that actually does matter.

Steve KZ1X/4
K3 #1209