Gary and All,

Very innovative idea Gary. However, the bad news is that such an offer would be made to more than the "de minimis" number of buyers, you'd be offering across state lines, etc., and therefore require registration with the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission)! Guess what that involves!!!! You would have to file an S1, etc, and all your savings go out the window. Worst of all, you have to get the lawyers involved! Sometimes you just can't win!

Dave W7AQK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Fred Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "elecraft Reflector" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Canceled my K3, bummer.

Gary D Krause wrote:
I canceled
my K3 order. With the price of food and fuel along with everything else, I figured it would be smart to hold off for now.

The good news is that I still have my K2 which is a terrific rig and I'm guessing that everyone else gets bumped up another notch!

Hmmm ... you could have taken your "K3 slot" in the queue, bundled it with others who need to cancel, create a group of "K3 Backed Securities," used them as collateral for a bond issue, and then bought a slot back, getting the original K3 and all the while feeding your family and fueling the car. After all, it worked just super with mortgages.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2008 Cal QSO Party  4-5 Oct 08
- www.cqp.org