I haven't built the KX1, but with the K2, it seemed so overwhelming at first. All these parts and bags everywhere. Then you started assembly, and pieces started filling up the board. All of a sudden you realize how many bags are empty, and how full the boards are. Good luck and have fun. Sounds like you are off to a great start.

David Wilburn
K4DGW

ve6hal wrote:
I have received kit 3064 and inventoried it with only a couple pieces
missing. that is amazing since they are so small and numerous.
Richard got back to me instantly, and said they are on the way.
If only all business was like that!
I have never built a kit of any kind, nor done fine soldering.
I browsed through all you guy's emails that were relevant to the KX1
and bought a bunch of tools and such on your many recommendations.
anti-esd mat and strap. 30 watt iron, pliers, magnifiers, etc.
A clamp that may not have been necessary, I find it easier to do on the
mat.
So far I have made it to page 16 and installed 8 resistors. Woohoo.
They look ok and trimmed nicely. Then the magnifier started to give me a
headache, or the concentration did. anyhoo,
It all looked very intimidating at first, So small!
But I will try to do it right, with your help.
Thanks in advance for answering any odd questions I may have,
this looks like a group of fine, intelligent people, who are serious about
what they do. Paul VE6HAL