I have an entirely different problem! When I hook my paddle up to my K3, it seems to send with a distinctively italian accent. None of the firmware updates address this issue, and I am totally frustrated. Do you suppose the problem could be that I am using a Begali paddle? Help!

Dave W7AQK

----- Original Message ----- From: "WS6X" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'n4lq'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 6:20 AM
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Paddle for K3

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of n4lq

BTW: I find that my Windom antenna works better on CW than on SSB. Could
this the short and long halves of the antenna be the cause?

=====
Well, yes, here's why! You'll find that if you switch to "ALT" in SSB the
Windom performance matches that on CW. Likewise, if you switch to "CW REV"
mode, the Windowm performance is down. This is of course, determined by the
polarity of your Windom feedline (whether the coax center or shield is
hooked to the longer side of the Windom). This effect can be equalized
slightly by using balanced feeders.

GL,

Jim, WS6X

Steve Ellington