Many thanks to everyone who replied to my questions. Your comments were very useful, and helped clear up many of the questions I had (even some questions that I didn't ask!).

FYI, I decided to go with a K1-4, KFL1-2, KNB1 and KTS1. Since I don't plan on backpacking with the rig, I decided to pass on the internal battery pack and internal tuner, but did order the external T1 autotuner. Oh, I ordered the backlight for the LCD too.

Now for the kudos to Elecraft. I placed my order about 11am EDT yesterday, and received my shipping notice just before 7pm that evening.

73 to all,

Dave KQ3T