To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 5:12 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Re: K3 S/N 412 annoying resonance

Hi Fern,

Please excuse my previous e-mail.

Your annoying speaker resonance may be due to over tightning the speaker mounting screws and having distorted the speaker frame to cause it to contact the voice coil. Try loosening the screws somewhat. I have K3/100 S/N 409 and do not have this problem but I have built several K2's and was aware what to look out for over the years with the supplied speaker.

Let me know what you find.

73, Bob  VE3XM
Wellesley, ON