re: "antiquated serial ports" (hihihi)
well Intel and Microsoft declared them "Legacy Ports" in
their Motherboard build specification in 1998 and began
removing them from computers in 2002. Here we are so many
years later and the good old RS232 spec is still alive and
well :-)
ref: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/pcguides.mspx
de Ken N9VV

K2ZLS wrote:
It seems like something may be in the wind. References: K3/100 1502 came with FW 2.24 and Programmers Reference Manual, released on 08/12/2008, as Rev B5 on page 12, refers to [2.24]

All I can say is that the rest of us 1500 or so BETA TESTERS are READY TO DOWNLOAD using our antiquated serial ports.

  73's   Tony   K2ZLS