On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:31:48 -0700, "Dave W7DPW" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I just now have gotten around to downloading the K3 Utility and have it
>installed on my 98SE machine. I have a USB to RS-232 converter on it
>shows in my system menu as COM4 but it will not appear in the selection
>menu of the K3 Utility. Only COM1, COM2, COM5, and COM6 appear on the K3
>Utility PullDown Menu and they are used for other applications.
>
>I know COM4 works as I use it with WriteLog and that application will
>communicate with the K3 without problems. I have the K3 RS-232 set to
>9600...
>
>Any suggestions ?
>
>My K3 s/n 1299. FWV 2.21
>
>Dave W7DPW

[snip]

I got tired of having to rename all of the RS232/USB adapters when the machine
was shut down and bought board that has 8 serial ports on cables.  Very easy to
install and now no changing port numbers when the machine is shut down.

Tom, N5GE - SWOT 3537 - Grid EM12jq

"Those who would give up
Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary