I'm a little puzzled by the issue of dual vs. single-lever paddles. I used a
bug for almost 20 years then built and used a Iambic Accu-keyer for almost
as long before returning to the bug about a decade ago.

I  switch a lot between paddles and mechanical keys because paddles,
especially the paddles on my KX1, are much more convenient in the field than
either a hand pump or a bug. The fact that I'm using dual paddles doesn't
seem to make any difference. I have the KXPD1 and a set of original Scotia
magnetic paddles. The paddle spacing on the Scotia key is just about the
same as either my Speed-X or Vibroplex bug. Of course the 'action' is a lot
lighter on the paddles, but isn't that true of all paddles, single or
dual-lever?

Ron AC7AC