-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Julian, G4ILO
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:17 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 - DSP ringing on CW & SSB

Perhaps I don't understand the meaning of the term 'ringing' but it seems to
me that on any radio when you use a narrow filter you hear a sort of ringing
noise that has a pitch of the frequency the filter is centered on. It's an
inevitable result of the fact that you are not hearing an even distribution
of noise across the whole audio spectrum, but a narrow segment of noise
whose amplitude distribution follows the shape of the filter. In other
words, I think it's normal.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham