In a message dated 8/30/2008 6:09:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I've been a subscriber to this list since the day I  ordered the K3 back in
March 2008.  The factory assembled and tested  radio is due to arrive next
week.

I'd like to hear about any  issues previously listed here I need to read
before next week. Please respond  to me OFF-LIST as I am sure this request is
not interesting to the old  timers. No sense in disrupting the flow of
current info with my silly  (perhaps, even lazy) request.

I need all the time-saving help I can get  since rewiring the station to
integrate the K3 in the first operating  position will take some time.
Contest season is upon us.

I'm using  N1MM software for contests with Logic 8/TRX Manager for daily
contacts and  moving the FT-1000MP to the second position.

Thanks,

73,  Dick

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The best time saving advice I can give is to not try to do it all in one
night. Fatige, cutting corners, skipping steps ( on purpose or by accident )
are
usually contributors to a rework - redo operation.  When you un-pack the
radio and check the packing  1) unwrap / remove from plastic bags very
carefully
and gently, snagging a small SMD can result in timely delays to  replace
parts. 2) Unpack on a cleared large work area. It can be very  frustrating to
have
a missing part only to find it a month later kicked under  the coffee table
as it fell from a larger bag. 3) Inspect ALL packing materials  and bags for
possible separated parts before you place packing in separate  containers -
ALSO
it helps to put all discarded packing and bags boxes in  shipping container
and do not discard until the rig is completed and operating  properly.  4) Stop
to reread what you have done before proceeding to  next step, compare to
pictures diagrams and don't be afraid to ask online if you  are unsure of next
step or meaning.  You should be able to have it on the  air in two 4 - 5 hour
sessions.

Having had to wait 4 months, you probably had time to pre-read the
assembly,manual, if not, at least do a close scan of the assembly manual. Be
familiar
with the Operators Manual and the tables used for setup and  configuration,
you will spend most of your time learning that after the assembly  is complete.

One last thing - take a few pictures so you can savor the moment later  on  -
enjoy

73, AL WA6VNN   (#31 FWIW)

deal here.