I've completed a few K3 receiver audio output measurements today, and added a new page with the data.
http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/elecraft_k3_receive_audio.htm

I found some curious artifacts in the audio output, including some signal related artifacts around 12 KHz, and at 3.9 and 7.8 KHz. I don't know if these are unique to my K3, or to my test setup, so I welcome other observations.

If these artifacts are not unique to my K3 and/or test setup, it might explain some oddities heard in the audio, if your high frequency hearing is good and if you use headphones capable of 20 KHz reproduction. Although my headphones are good up to that range, too many years of listening to loud CW mean that my hearing has a cutoff sufficiently low so that none of these oddities make it into my wetware audio processor.

I've also made an automated GIF image of spectrum analysis images for LIN OUT settings from 2 to 100, as well as a few other points that may be of interest.

Jack K8ZOA
www.cliftonlaboratories.com