On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:42:27 -0400, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

>I think is it safe to treat the audio as band limited

That's like saying a driver is slow. How slow? Bandwidth limiting
CHANGES the complex impulse response of the system. It does not make
it not matter, or benign, just DIFFERENT. And the bandlimiting is
quite variable, thanks to the design and implementation of K3
operating controls of the DSP. Also, note that the impulse response
is complex -- that is, if we looked at it as a frequency response it
would have a phase response too. One of the important and complex
problems that Lyle has to solve (and he's solved it pretty well if
he doesn't hit the transformers, according to my ears) is a nice
phase (time) response.

Jim K9YC