Hi  Jerry:

The encoders have a printed circuit board that has 10 leads attached to the top of each and soldered into place. The top of the leads, in some cases, are TOO LONG and may interfere with the DSP board above it. In most cases there is enough clearance, but to be on the safe side I used a metal finger-nail FILE to carefully file down those leads to the top of the pool of solder that holds them in place. Inspect the clearance after the DSP board is in place just to make sure. There is not much space and it seems to me that putting any kind of insulating material there will only put pressure on the DSP board and cause it to FLEX. Only MHOP : )

   73's  Tony  K2ZLS