I've found when demonstrating Morse to youngsters, they just love that word
"code" which to them means "secret"

Not just texting, but an internet connection to send to each other, like a
vertual radio, with Morse code chat channels.  There are some virtual radios
around, but I hear they're not very popular, yet, they need marketing like
text.

Next thing they can encode/decode using online Enigma cyphers.  As long as the
keys are public, it's not illegal.

David
G3UNA

> From: Dale Putnam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2008/09/29 Mon PM 01:04:26 BST
> CC: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
> Subject: RE: [Elecraft] ot u want lots youth to do Morse?
>

> Yes, I love it, have often considered what it would take,... and the answer
> is almost nothing to implement. The telcos could charge for the the
> decoder.... and it could be another money maker, (how to sell the idea to the
> phone co.) The user would have the oppurtunity to use it, learn it, and do
> away with the decoder, (save money) At best it would allow more bandwidth on
> the current system for calls, (I know, someone will fuss with that, but
> that's ok, it works that way) the interference of talking on a cell phone
> while driving, may not be all that much different, however, you wouldn't have
> to have both hands on the phone to text, and that is a plus, while driving.
> The final touch would be marketing, and that is a slam dunk! for everyone,
> not to mention, that sense the 200 wpm barrier has been broken, cw is rather
> quick now. (for some)--... ...--Dale - WC7S in Wy> If u want many many young
> people to learn> > and use Morse.... PUT A MORSE KEY ON THE> > CEL HAND
> TELEPHONE for
  creating msm> > messages. A setting in the phone menu makes> > the # key a
Morse input key. Just do that and> > watch the teenagers flock to it because it
is> > so much faster than keyboard input and, best,> > it is a SECRET language!
Hey Nokia/Martti,> > r u listening?> > >