Works great here Wayne. My antenna was a little "grumpy" on 40m, and didn't tune down as far as on the other bands. From what I hear, that is not unusual. But these changes have greatly improved how it tunes. Thanks!

David Wilburn
NM4M
http://www.nm4m.com

wayne burdick wrote:
K3 beta-test firmware revision 2.46 is now available. Details appear below. Be sure to use the latest revision of K3 Utility to do the downloads.

Please send any problem reports to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For instructions on how to load beta firmware, please see:

  http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm

73,
Wayne
N6KR

* * *

MCU 2.46 / DSP 1.92, 10-3-2008

* 40 METER PA CURRENT REDUCTION: This revision corrects the low-pass filter configuration used on 40 m. The 10/12 LPF, not the 6 m LPF, is now used in-line with the 40 m LPF. This optimizes return loss, keeping current at the target level at 100 W (about 20 A). Some K3s may have had 40-m current drain increase running rev 2.45.

* NOTE ON AM COMPRESSION: Starting with MCU 2.45/DSP 1.92, speech compression has been disabled in AM mode. We hope to create a more effective compressor for AM in a future revision; the original was adding distortion without increasing “punch”. On the other hand, the available AM modulation level has been increased, and we’re better utilizing the mic AGC system in this mode.

---

http://www.elecraft.com