Except for contests (where I use N1MM) I use ACLOG for all of my general logging. I have not had issues with ACLOG. It is very handy for uploading to LOTW. It would be nice if the interface was a bit more configurable.

David Wilburn
NM4M
http://www.nm4m.com

Terry Schieler wrote:
Fellow Elecraftonians,

For years I have used N3FJP’s ACLog logging software in conjunction with my FT1000MP and TS-850SAT. Like most others, the program has a DX Tel-net spot “point-&-click” feature that changes the frequency, band and mode on my rigs with lightning quickness. This weekend in the contest I used ACLog with my K3 for the first time.
K3/100 #474

Firmware: v2.46
DSP:  v1.92

I found that the K3 was very slow to respond to clicking on the DX spots in the logging software. Both the logging program and the K3 were set to 38,400 baud, 8 data bits, NO parity and 1 stop bit. When I would click on a spot that was in the same band that the K3 was currently set to, the frequency change was made fairly quickly. But when I clicked on a spot that called for a band change, I noticed that the mode would often change first (on the K3’s existing frequency) then a 1-2 second delay before the rig changed to the newly spotted band. To top it off, the resulting mode was often incorrect on the K3 after making the change to the new spot. I could find no specific pattern to the mode changes. I checked and rechecked the logging software settings to no avail. It was obvious to me from the get go that the K3 doesn’t change bands all that quickly when pressing the BAND button on the front panel, so I suspect that the logging software is “pressing the button” but the K3 just takes longer to respond to a band change than my old ‘MP or TS-850.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is there a known fix? I have also sent this info to the logging software’s developer as well as it may be an issue on that end.

73,

Terry, W0FM