Just a thought?

How about Elecraft produce an external accessory that provides a band scope,
spectrum analyser and any other "toys" they think appropriate so that those
of us who do NOT require such toys can enjoy our K3's and allow Elecraft to
work on release of various other products such as the KPA-800/1500
amplifiers?

I would like to see Elecraft go down this road rather than try to cram some
of the rather strange features we see posted on the reflector as "wish it
had this" instead of accepting that the K3 was not designed to knock off
radios such as the FTdx9000D, IC-7800 etc..etc. These radios are full of
features that go mostly unused when you sit down and watch the owner
actually use these radios. I sold my 9000D as I never used the majority of
the features anyway. I can also add that the band scope and audio trace
(receive only) on the 9000D is pretty hopeless, totally inaccurate and the
host of items on the menu list are near impossible to read with anything
much less than normal 20/20 vision.

I have yet to find another radio that beats the K3 in all areas that the K3
does well. The receiver is tops, the audio reports are great and for field
and shack use the K3 stands apart from all the rest.

Just a couple of cents worth...(given the exchange rate lately it is more
likely a 1/2 cents worth)

73's
Gary
K3 S/N 679
I just got lost in thought............. It was unfamiliar territory