K3 and K2 Knobs.....

Several years ago someone told me about a Yaesu rubber covered knob which
would be a plus for my beloved K2 main tuning.  Don't remember which Yaesu
knob, but could find out if anyone is interested.  Anyway, after $16 it was
on the K2 and I've always been happy with it.

I like the K3 main knob better than the original K2 knob, but silly as it
may appear, with a super rig like the K3, I wish it were softer.  Don't
laugh!  A rubber cover on B would be nice also.

I pulled one of the Orion's main knobs off and placed it on the K3. Nice.
Larger and an okay feel.  Ten-Tec only recently has a new softer rubber
cover for the knobs used on the two main knobs for the Orions and perhaps
other equipment, don't know.  And in color, glory be!

The original knob is back on the K3 and it may stay unless I can obtain
another Orion knob.  But I'm open to anything and the jury is out.

Told you this was silly since the K3 will not be more outstanding with a
gold plated knob nor is the Orion a better rig with a large soft rubber
knob.  But boys will play silly games, won't we?

OR is it a game?  A game to want our toys, especially the K3 toy's main
point of contact (the one we will touch, fondle and caress for years to
come!),  to have as good a feel as possible?  I'm not rich, but would find a
way to have the BEST darn rubber covered knob on the planet.  Deep thoughts.

73, lynn W4NL