Take the top cover off the radio Charlie and check for nearby connecting
wires contacting the fans - when they do you get an alarming buzz but if the
degree of contact is very slight I presume it may just sound like a 'normal'
noisy fan. The K3 fans are completely noiseless.

BTW you don't have to wait for the temp to rise to check the fans 'cos there
is a menu entry (Config - KPA3...??) where you can test the 4 speed settings
of the fans. I always check this after being inside the radio to make sure I
won't get a fright half way through a sessions when the fans come on....

73,

Stewart Rolfe GW0ETF