No fan noise here. Actually had to look closely. Yep! They are running.

73 de KE4WY Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Rob May
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:58 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 Noisy fans?

I can't hear my fans at all.  I periodically turn them on from the menu to
make sure they are working.  The back of the K3 is just a few inches from
the wall so I would expect any sound to be reflected right back to me.  On
the other hand the fan on my 746Pro (sitting right next to it) is very loud
and annoying when I transmit.  Since I have the K3, that isn't very often.
;-)
Rob
NV5E