It is my understanding that the monitor audio in the K3 was not so good early on but that this has been taken care of and has been OK for quite awhile.

The past two days I have gotten extensive on the air checks on 10 meters in preparation for the 10M contest coming up this week end as the monitor does not sound right to me. It sounds like there is a echo. However I have run checks with locals at S-9+ and with stations 200 miles away at S-0 to S-7 with QSB and I am getting great audio reports.

The real clincher is I listen on my other K3 with the attenuator on and RF gain backed off and it sounds good. Something does not seem correct with my monitor audio, ie it is not a true representation of what the transmitter sounds like. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ed W0SD