Well, K1 is in some parts of the world know as a martial arts fighting
sport: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-1 .
Especially in Japan it is hugely popular. K1 is a sport not for the faint
hearted.

The K2 is very well know as the second largest mountain in the world. To
climb the K2 is not for the faint hearted.

In Holland and Belgium K3 is known for something completely different. The
following link is just one of many video clips they have made:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd9yROC7Wd0

Can you imagine what looks I get from people when I tell them I listen to a
K3?!?!

73, Maarten
PD2R