Is this thread maybe related to the following problem? The tap of the SPOT key is very goosey on my K3. If I just tap it very briefly, the SPOT tone fails to come on. I have to press it for just a fraction longer, but not long enough to register as a HOLD (which triggers the PITCH function). Takes a delicate touch.

As a test, I turned on the audible switch-press feedback (CONFIG:SW TONE). I find that even a very brief tap of the SPOT switch always makes the small feedback beep sound. But only some of the time does it turn on the SPOT sidetone correctly.

Anyone else?

Oliver Johns
W6ODJ